Hey everyone! This post is long overdue but I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the beautiful Jackie who has a blog called Calm Wildness. Visit her blog for really good content and a very friendly vibe.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and give a link to their site.
- Do a post to show your award.
- Give a summary of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for any new bloggers.
- Select at least 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Let each nominee know you’ve nominated them and give a link to your post.
A summary of how my blog started
Months ago I wrote a post answering my blog FAQs and I gave a more in depth answer on the why behind the blog.
When I officially launched this blog, I was just in my room and thought a blog would be a good idea to share what’s going on around me and in my life. So I created a WordPress account, spent a lot of time reading and setting up the website and her I am now.
Advice to new bloggers
My advice to bloggers, old and new, would be to:
- Believe there is room for you- No field or area of content creation is too saturated. There will always be someone who is interested in hearing your story the way you want it to be told, seeing your work or knowing whatever it is you do. Being a new blogger, you might think too many people are lifestyle bloggers or too many people are into beauty blogging. Well, if Rihanna thought the same we probably wouldn’t know Fenty for what it is now.
- Fill up that room- Occupy it. Take up the space. It’s your room, your platform and your story. So don’t be shy or don’t be scared to use it. “The world made space for you to take up and you have a right to do so.”
I hope someone finds that useful and if you do then you can also read the don’ts of content creation.
If you’re reading this and would like to take part, consider yourself nominated. Or, if you have advice you’d like to share regarding blogging or content creation in general, please share that in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!